Monday, March 9, 2009

Assignment 3 - U C What I C

For this assignment, I decided to play on stereotypes to bring the message across since there isn't much space to develop the photo story.

(Click on picture to enlarge)

Plot:
  1. A muscular man and a nerd woo a girl with flowers. The girl cannot decide between them
  2. Muscle man and nerd shoot death glares at each other
  3. Muscle man flexes his biceps to impress the girl, knowing the nerd cannot upstage him
  4. Zoom to a cockroach on the floor
  5. Muscle man spots the cockroach and looks shocked
  6. Muscle man is terrified by the cockroach and jumps up to hide behind the girl, while the nerd stomps on the cockroach
  7. Nerd kills the cockroach, becomes girl’s hero
  8. Nerd boy wins girl

Process/problems:
  • Getting the actors! Special thanks to Denghui for taking on the tak glam role and finding me willing victims. I owe you a buddy meal/family feast, man.
  • It was raining heavily. I could not take the photos at the planned outdoor location and had to quickly scout for a new place.
  • The lighting condition was terrible and I had to use a longer shutter speed. However without a tripod, some photos were blurred.

Final:
I decided to retain the original photos as i think the stereotypes will get across clearer when the photos are viewed up close (You can see the way the nerd is dressed/ the size of the guy's biceps clearer etc.). Overall, I'm really relieved that most could understand the story
. Thanks to all for the feedback (:

No comments:

Post a Comment